Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mysterious Happenings

Tonight started out like any other night. My puppyraiser and I got home from work. Lucky excitedly greeted us at the door. Lucky and I bounded joyfully up and down the hallway as my puppyraiser came into the house with her hands full of stuff. But then, the evening took quite a turn from the usual...

My puppyraiser started to walk into the living room and froze. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a medium gray animal walking on the rug! Thinking the worst (that there was a diseased rodent in our house), she started waving her arms in the air and shouting expletives. But then, suddenly she stopped... and shouted, "Everybody freeze!" I'm assuming "everybody" was Lucky and me... but we were already frozen because her arm waving and potty mouth had already pretty much freaked us out.

I've gotta admit though that my curiosity got the best of me, so I inched up out of my frozen state just close enough to see what was going on. I saw my puppyraiser calmly walk over to the gray animal, and say, "Ashley, how the heck did you get over here?!" That’s right… it was Ashley, the crazy parrot that lives with us! My puppyraiser held a stick in front of Ashley and she calmly hopped on to it. Then, my puppyraiser walked over to Ashley's cage... only to find that the door was closed! My puppyraiser was scratching her head by this time. She opened the cage door, put Ashley on her perch and said, "How in the world did you get out?!" Ashley looked at her with her head cocked and simply said, "CHIHUAHUA!". That's Ashley's response to everything. She's not all that bright... or is she?????

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Wait, I'm confused --- did a giant diseased rodent let Ashley out of her cage?