Saturday, November 3, 2007

Very First Blog

Hi. My name is Carlo, I'm a dog, and this is my very first blog. To start things off, I'm going to answer a few questions:

How can a dog blog when a dog can't even type?
Well, duh... of course dogs can't type. Unfortunately, humans didn't make keyboards big enough to accomodate paws... especially big yellow paws like mine. So, my puppyraiser is going to do all of the typing.

Huh???
Just go with it. Or, this blog will never go anywhere.

Ok... so, who or what is a puppyraiser?
My puppyraiser is the person who takes care of me. She feeds me, and loves me, and teaches me stuff, and takes me EVERYWHERE! She's the best!

Everywhere? How can she take you everywhere when you're just a dog?
Watch it buddy. No dog is "just a dog". Would you call a human "just a human"? I didn't think so. According to Wikipedia,

...dogs are valued for their intelligence... dogs have lived and worked with humans in so many roles that their loyalty has earned them the unique sobriquet "man's best riend".

[side note by puppyraiser: this should be "person's best friend"]
[side note by Carlo: my puppyraiser is obviously a woman]


Anyways, the bottom line is that I don't think you should be calling your best friend, "just a dog".

Ok, ok, I'm sorry. But you never answered the question. How can your puppyraiser take you everywhere... when most dogs aren't allowed to go everywhere?
I'm kind of a special dog. I'm from an organization called Canine Companions for Independence. This is national nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults with disabilities by providing highly-trained assistance dogs. So... until I head off to college, I get to live with my puppyraiser. She helps socialize me by taking me to work, restaurants, malls, movies, EVERYWHERE! It's great!

How long do you get to live with this puppyraiser?
About a year and a half. I'm actually heading off to college this Feb.

College? Dogs can't go to college.
You certainly are narrow-minded, aren't you? This is a special college just for dogs from Canine Companions for Independence. It's actually called "Advanced Training". My puppyraiser tells me that I'm going to be there from 6 to 9 months before I graduate.

Dang, that's not a very long time to be in "college". Why only 6-9 months?
Because dogs are really intelligent. [check out wikipedia]

I see. So, how does your puppyraiser feel about you going off to college?
Ummmm... my puppyraiser just told me that she needs a break from typing...

Oh, ok. Well, I'm looking forward to your next blog because I've got a whole lot more questions.
All of your questions will eventually be answered. But, keep in mind I've got a busy life between sleeping, training, hanging out with my puppyraiser, playing, etc. etc. etc.

No comments: