Sunday, February 3, 2008

Two Weekends Left

Today my puppy raiser was looking at her calendar and said, "Oh my gosh, Carlo, we only have two weekends left until you go off to college!"

Wow! I had no idea it was that soon! I mean, I knew it was soon... but only weekends weekends left?! Wow!!!

My puppy raiser went on to tell me that she had some really special activities planned for us in those last two weekends. I pestered her with questions, but she wouldn't tell me what kind of activities she had planned. She just said it was a surprise. It was then I noticed tears well up in her eyes. I immediately was concerned, rested my head in her lap, and gazed up at her. "What's wrong?!" I asked.

"Oh Carlo," she said, "it's nothing."

Geesh, as if I would take that for an answer when I know she is upset! So, I pestered her to tell me what was wrong. I can be a pretty dang good pester-er!

Finally she gave me a half-smile, and said, "I'm just very proud of you and can't wait for you to go to college and do well. Someone out there needs you Carlo. Someone out there needs you more than I need you." And, she gave me a big hug. But, as she was hugging me, I could tell she was wiping tears out of her eyes.

I do hope I do well in college. I want to make my puppy raiser proud! I want to make everyone proud of me!

But, college is still a few weeks off. And, I'm tired after a long hike along the river trails. So, for now, I'm going to enjoy the fireplace and curl up and take a nice winter's nap... :-)

2 comments:

Thida said...

Carlo wow you're off to college!! I look forward to seeing you there. I'll be graduating with a service dog!! Maybe my dog will keep a blog too. We'll see.

goodblackdogs said...

Hey Carlo,

You know my PR has tickets to Mexico on the 24th. Get your documentation now! She says she only plans to take one suitcase and the baggage allowance is two. Oh, and she said to make sure you pack yourself in a suitcase that has wheels cuz she's not going to haul your big a&$ around.

-Skipper