Sunday, February 1, 2009

Running in Tahoe (by: Gerrit)


This weekend my puppy raiser's SGF (special guy friend) surprised ALL of us with a trip to Tahoe!!!

We packed up the car Friday after work. And, between two people, three dogs, and all of our doggie travel paraphernalia (dog beds, food, treats, leashes, treats, toys, treats, treats, treats, etc.), it was one FULL car. It was dark by the time we got there, so we didn't get to see much of anything... all we got to do was sniff every inch of our condo. We got to also go outside of our condo just to go potty (aka "hurry"). That was actually kinda scary because we heard monster-like howling nearby. My puppy raiser said they were coyotes! When I found that they were coyotes and not monsters, I asked my puppy raiser if we could go play with them, but she said, "NO!".

The next morning, we woke up bright and early (well, we dogs did... it took some doing to get the people up). I don't know why they would wanna sleep in when there was so much exploring to do! After we finally got them up, we all went on a walk to the lake... and get this... there was white cold stuff all over the ground!!! It was sort of like sand... but cold... and quite yummy! My puppy raiser told me it was called snow. I LOVE snow! It made me wanna run. So, I ran...


Later that day, we went out to this area that is a bird sanctuary. It's covered in water during the summer... but, in the winter there is no water and dogs are allowed there. It was so cool there! It made me wanna run some more. So, I ran...


And, I ran some more...


Here I am running toward Carlo... just before I pounced on him!


To be honest, I never really stopped running the whole time we were in Tahoe! There was something about being in the mountain, and all the smells, and the snow. I think I could have run forever! It was the best time EVER!

1 comment:

LA03 said...

GREAT pictures!!!! :)