Sunday, February 22, 2009

Party in New Orleans! (by: Gerrit)


My puppy raiser and her SGF went to a place called New Orleans last week. I got to stay with Skipper's puppy raiser while she was gone... where I had a super good time! But, after all the stories she told me about New Orleans, I can't understand why they didn't take me! That place sounds like it was one big party... and you all know that I LOVE to PARTY!

She said that New Orleans is a super dog friendly place. There was dog stuff ALL over the place. There was doggie art...


And, doggie stuff in the windows...



And, even cool fire hydrants!...


But, the coolest story my puppy raiser told was how one day they were walking around the French Quarter and they kept seeing dogs EVERYWHERE! Big dogs, small dogs, round dogs, and itty bitty dogs! As the day went on, the number of dogs kept getting bigger and bigger. Finally they asked someone what was up with all the dogs. They found out that there was going to be Mardi Gras parade that afternoon called Barkus... and, it was a parade of DOGS!!!

My puppy raiser took tons of photos of all the dogs in the parade. She said that not only were beads thrown out to people watching the parade... but, doggie treats were thrown to all of the dogs watching the parade! Can you imagine? Doggie treats being thrown all over the place?!! Wow!!!


The parade had funny stuff...


And, it had political stuff...


But the best part, other than the treats being thrown EVERYWHERE, was that it had TONS of dogs...






There was even an Elvis dog that drooled almost as much as my buddy Nick!...


Lucky and Carlo said they were sorta glad they didn't go to New Orleans cause they wouldn't have wanted to wear all of those dorky costumes. But, heck, I would have worn ANY costume if it meant going to a dog party! My puppy raiser said that she sorta wished she had brought me along on their trip cause New Orleans would have been the PERFECT place to work on my dog distraction. Errr... you think?! Heck yeah, she should have brought me along! I would have partied ALL night with all of those dogs! To make it up to me, she put some beads on me and took some photos of me. I was all up for it at first... but, then as I was laying there with all of these beads on me, I didn't quite see how it was the same thing as going to a dog parade with treats flying EVERYWHERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerrit, you are SOOOO handsome. You've got the most beautiful face and such lovely eyes!!!