Saturday, July 19, 2008

Breeder Caretakers and Puppy Photos (by: Gerrit)


Yesterday my puppy raiser went over to a breeder caretaker's house and took photos of a bunch of other puppies. What the heck is up with that? Are we not cute enough?!

For those of you who don't know... a breeder caretaker is another type of CCI volunteer. They take care of the dogs that are selected to be breeders for the CCI program. And, if they are the ones taking care of the mama dogs... they also have to assist with whelping, and taking care of the puppies from when they are born until they are about 8 weeks old.

The puppies my puppy raiser visited yesterday are going to be brought to CCI headquarters in Santa Rosa tomorrow and from there they will go to their soon to be puppy raisers! Some of them will even get to ride on an airplane cause their puppy raisers live in other states!

There were only 5 puppies in the litter of pups my puppy raiser visited. There were 10 puppies in MY litter! My puppy raiser said she has a tough enough time keeping up with her crew of 3 dogs... she could never imagine taking care of 5... or 10... especially 10 energetic puppies like me. Hey!

As I wrote above, I was a little offended that MY puppy raiser would want to take photos of other puppies. But, Carlo told me to enjoy the rest while I can... cause she always has a camera pointed right at us! Lucky was worried she was going to bring yet another puppy home. Boy was she relieved when she just came home with a bunch of photos!




1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh wow what cuties! Don't worry, Gerrit, I'm sure no one could ever replace you. :)