Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dog'gone Fun Event (by: Gerrit)


Today I got to go to an event called Doggun... Dog'gone Doggie... oh heck, I don't remember what it was called, I just know that it sure was Dog'gone fun!

I went there with my puppy raiser, my buddies, Nick and Idelle, and their puppy raisers. My puppy raiser told me on the drive to the event that we were going to work on dog distractions. Cool! I LOVE dog distractions! But, I never dreamed that there would be so many dog distractions at the event! It was awesome!

The event was held at a big park and there were dogs of all shapes and sizes. Big giant dogs and itty bitty yappy dogs. The whole thing was so exciting! The other dogs at the event were being tested on agility and obedience type stuff. We lucked out and didn't have to do any testing, but we did have to be good and observe... which, let me tell ya'... wasn't so easy! In fact, I think it was tougher than being tested. At least if you're being tested, it gives you something to take your mind off the fact that there are soooo many dogs... all of which look like they'd be so fun to play with!

My puppy raiser worked with me for awhile and then she gave me to Nick's puppy raiser so that she could work with me too. Both of them said I was really good... errr... ok, ok, maybe those weren't the exact words that came out of their mouths. But, I think maybe they said I was pretty good... cause I was pretty good... well, except for those times when I was just laying and observing. That's when I started to be sorta whiney. But, I just couldn't help it! It was sooooo much fun being around all those dogs! I just loved it, loved it, LOVED it!

Just to prove that I was good once in awhile, here is a photo of me being a good boy. I'm being so good that I'm not even noticing my tail being kinda funny!


After all the torturous observing of other dogs, my puppy raiser took some photos of us. Here I am with my buddies, Nick and Idelle. In case you can't really tell Nick and Idelle apart... Nick is the one with the drool. Hee hee... he's so funny! No wonder I love dogs so much... they are always doing funny stuff like this! How can I not get excited!



2 comments:

Anna said...

wow look how much you've grown up! Congrats on a fun day, I'm sure your puppy raiser is very proud :)

Pam said...

Gee Gerrit, what you failed to mention is that Idelle was also drooling AND had a leaf stuck to her drool too...but, nooooo, everyone has to make fun of me.

Your buddy,
Nick